- ISO 27001:2022 includes 11 new controls, with a focus on Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- Strac DLP software automatically detects and secures sensitive data in SaaS applications and endpoints.
- It offers remediation and redaction tools, real-time alerts, and employee education for data security.
- Strac allows customizable data classification and generates comprehensive audit reports for ISO 27001 compliance.
- The software aligns with ISO 27001 controls related to information deletion, data masking, monitoring activities, and secure coding.
ISO 27001:2022, the latest version of the international standard for information security management systems, now includes 11 new controls, with a particular emphasis on Data Loss Prevention (DLP). Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is also called as Data Leak Prevention. This update underlines the increasing importance of implementing DLP strategies to safeguard systems, networks, and devices that process, store, or transmit sensitive information, especially in cloud and SaaS applications like HubSpot.
Strac DLP software addresses these requirements by automatically detecting and securing sensitive data in SaaS applications such as Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Drive), O365 Email, Slack, One Drive, Zendesk, Salesforce, HubSpot, Jira, etc. and also Endpoints like Mac, Windows, Linux. It provides comprehensive solutions for remediation, redaction, and real-time notifications to employees, ensuring sensitive data like PII and PHI is protected in line with ISO 27001:2022 standards.
Key Insights on DLP and ISO 27001 Compliance:
- Automatic Detection and Protection: Strac's DLP software excels in identifying and safeguarding sensitive information across various SaaS platforms, crucial for complying with ISO 27001's DLP requirements.
- Remediation and Redaction: The software not only detects sensitive data but also offers tools to remediate and redact it, ensuring that confidential information is not inadvertently exposed.
- Real-Time Alerts and Employee Education: Strac enhances data security by providing real-time alerts and training employees on handling sensitive data, a critical aspect of preventing data leaks which often stem from human error.
- Customizable Data Classification: Businesses can configure Strac to identify specific types of sensitive data, aligning with ISO 27001's emphasis on data classification and risk management.
- Audit and Compliance Reporting: Strac aids in generating comprehensive audit reports, an essential component of ISO 27001 compliance, by tracking who accessed sensitive information and when.
- Enhanced Data Security in the Cloud: With the increasing shift to cloud-based data storage, Strac's ability to protect data in cloud environments is particularly relevant to the latest updates in ISO 27001.
How Strac Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Aligns with ISO 27001:2022 Controls:
- A.8.10 - Information Deletion: Strac’s SaaS DLP and Endpoint DLP capabilities automatically detect and redact/delete sensitive documents and data from SaaS apps like Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Drive), O365 Email, Slack, One Drive, Zendesk, Salesforce, HubSpot, Jira, etc. and also Endpoints like Mac, Windows, Linux align with this control.
- A.8.11 - Data Masking: The software’s encryption features ensure that data is not identifiable by unauthorized parties.
- A.8.16 - Monitoring Activities: Strac's 24x7 continuous monitoring provides a seamless solution to keeping a watchful eye on SaaS apps and Endpoint devices for sensitive data.
- A.8.28 - Secure Coding: Strac identifies and protects secrets and keys in coding, especially in applications like GitHub, ensuring robust coding security.
For businesses aiming to align with ISO 27001:2022 and enhance their cybersecurity posture, Strac DLP offers a comprehensive, automated solution. To explore how Strac can assist in safeguarding your sensitive data and achieving compliance, businesses are encouraged to schedule a free Risk Audit with a SaaS Security Specialist. This audit will identify where sensitive data resides and how Strac can help in its protection.